This is another quick and easy side-dish which could take up to max 15 mins to prepare and yet very delicious! The ingredients used for this dish were slightly different from normal (Chinese style) stir fried asparagus. It taste a little spicy as Balancan (Nga Pi sane in Burmese) and chili were used , but I am sure that our Burmese friends will definitely like this dish.
(Balacan = salted fish paste which is available in most of the supermarkets in SG)
- 1 packet of asparagus ( I think it is about 600 grams)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 red onion, 1 red chili
- 20 grams of dry shrimps
- 1 Tbsp of cooking oil
- 1 tsp of Balacan paste
- 1tsp of fish sauce
- Chop asparagus into small pieces , set aside.
- Using blender, blend all the rest of ingredients except oil.
- Heat the oil in the pan and cook the mixed ingredients for 1-2 mins.
- Add the chopped asparagus, cover with the lid and cook for about 2mins. Stir occasionally.
- Add in 1/4 cup of water and cook for another 2-3 mins.
- Dish out and ready to serve. Enjoy!