I never thought of making this type of fritter until I saw the recipe here. Thanks MoKaungThu for sharing this wonderful recipe. I used to make many different types of fritters (Burmese typical snack) like potato fritter, onion fritter, gourd fritter and etc but not this one. Reason being simply no idea on making these little ones and thought it would be very difficult to make. In fact, preparation steps are very simple and yet it is way too delicious. But only thing, we need them to be deep fried. I agree it is not so healthy . But, should be OK to consume once in a while. **Giving myself an excuse to eat this** :D :D
Ok here are the ingredients and preparation steps.
- 1 Can of kidney red bean
- 2 cups of glutinous rice flour (I used the cup that we normally measure rice.Need to double confirm how many grams. Will get back on this)
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of seasoning powder
-4 cloves of crush garlic
-1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
- 2 cups of oil
- Mesh the red bean in a bowl (including syrup)
- Add in the flour, salt , soda, seasoning powder and mix well.
- Heat the oil the frying pan. Scoop the batter and deep fry until crispy. Makes about 12 pcs.
- Serve it hot, Enjoy!