I made this grill chicken last week as requested by my little sis . It has been weeks that she kept telling me to make grill chicken for her. However, I kept pushing back her request as I've been really busy with my baking lessons. Finally, I could manage to make it and she's happy now, at least.
The meat is really soft and melt in the mouth texture. The taste was very delicious too and I find it really different from store bought grill chicken. I didn't follow any standard procedure to make grill chicken .I used my own way as I want it be tasted. Here is the list of things that went into my grill chicken.
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsp of Oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp of light soy sauce
- 1 tsp of seasoning powder (Maggie chicken flavor)
- 1 tsp of salt
- some black pepper
- Dry Rosemary
- Mix well above ingredients. Set aside.
- Rinse the chicken well. Use a fork to poke some wholes on chicken.
- Marinade the chicken with the mixed sauce. Try to stuff some sauce under the skin and press gently in order the sauces to diffuse into meat.
- Cover the chicken with plastic wrap and leave it in the fridge overnight.
- Remove from fridge in the next morning. Rub with olive oil before grilling and sprinkle some Rosemary on top.
- Grill in the oven for about 1 hour. I cover the chicken with Aluminum foil for the first 30mins baking time to prevent burning. (My oven have two grilling functions and I used the lower temperature. However, it doesn't mention what temp is that. I guess around 180 degree C)
- Remove aluminium foil and continue grill for another half an hour.
- Leave it to cool and ready to serve.
I also made some sauces to go along with my grill chicken. I used the juices which produced from grill chicken. Here is the method.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in the pan. Reduce heat and add in 2 Tbsp of flour and fry it till brown color.
- Add in the juices and 2 cups of water. Reduce it by half and the sauce is done.
ေကာင္းတယ္ေနာ္ ရွယ္ပဲ :)
yummy..yummy..I want to try it one of these days.
Post a Comment