Kyat Thar Ba La Chaung Kyaw, this is another typical Burmese side dish which you will usually see in Burmese cuisine. We, Burmese, like to eat such kind of fried food and I do agree that it is not so healthy if you look at it from health stand point. To me, not only this type of fried food, but also the cakes/pastry are equally unhealthy too. However, if you eat everything in moderation then it should be OK.
Anyway, this is a very delicious dish to go with a bowl of white rice. Here is the recipe.
- Half Chicken
- 3 Tbsp of coarsely blend chilli powder
- 5 Nos of Shallot (thinly sliced)
- 6 cloves of garlic (thinly sliced)
- 1 tsp of seasoning powder
- 2 tsp of salt
- Marinade the chicken with salt and cook in pressure cooker for about half an hour.
- Let it cool and break the meat into small pieces. set aside.
- In a pan, fry shallots till golden brown. Set it aside. Do the same thing for garlic. Let them cool completely.
- Use back the same pan ( scoop the excess oil and leave about 2 Tbsp of oil in the pan) and fry the chicken until the edges are alittle crispy (about 3-4 mins).
- Add in chili powder,seasoning powder, salt and continue frying for another 2 mins.
- Leave it to cool completely and then mix with fried shallots/ garlic. And it is ready. Hope you like it.