It was rather a creamy cake,however I find the taste is great. As I dont fancy cream that much, I dont make creamy cake often and in fact this cake is just my 2nd layer (creamy) cake .. I still remember those days in Burma that whenever I eat the cake with cream, there is a very greasy or oily taste in my mouth and I just don't like this feeling. Nowadays, with the replacement of whipping cream, there is no such greasy feeling. However, I still don't like to consume too many cream.
The making of blackforest cake was really fun and lots of excitement. In fact, I am happy to bake all kinds of cakes and I really enjoy making them. There's a saying "Do what you love, so you can love what you do". At least I am doing what I love to do for at least 4 hours per week..Not bah huh!.LOL.
Sponge cake (all in method)
- plain flour- 75g
- cocoa powder - 15g
- baking powder - 1g
- milk- 50g
- sugar - 82g
- Eggs- 165g
- Emulsifier - 7g
- melted butter - 22g
- Dark Pitted cherries 100g (canned) : put on low fire (including syrup) till boil. Leave it cool completely. Mix cold modified starch (8g)+ castor sugar (10g) and slowly combine with dark pitted cherry. Set aside.
- Some dark chocolates : Use peeler to make curls. Set aside.
- Non dairy whipping cream ~100g and dairy cream 40g. Whip them separately and mix them after whipped.
- Slice Choco sponge into 2 layers. Brush syrup onto the 1st layer. Pipe in the prepared whip cream onto the sponge.Add in dark pitted cherries.
- Add another layer of choco sponge and brush again with syrup.
- Cover the whole cake with whipped cream. Decorate with cherries and chocolate curls and the cake is ready. Enjoy!!