It has been for a while that I didnt bake any cake since our last gathering. I was busy with other stuffs and didnt really have mood to bake, at all. This morning, I really felt like baking chiffon cake and I baked this Banana Chiffon for our breakfast since all the ingredients are available in my pantry :-). Recipe was adjusted from my previous banana chiffon cup cake. The texture was just right and satisfactory.
- 100g of plain flour
- 5g of baking powder
- 0.5g of salt
- 4nos of Egg yolks
- 40g of sugar
- 68g of water
- 50g of Veggie oil
- 1 large banana (Mesh)
- 5 nos of egg whites
- 90g of sugar
- 1 g of cream of tartar
- Sift group (A). Set it aside.
- Using a hand whisk, blend all the ingredients except meshed banana. Sift group (A) into group (B) mixture. Finally add in meshed banana.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk group (C) until soft peak form.
- Fold in 1/2 of the group (C) into flour- liquid mixture till combine. Gently fold in the balance till combine.
- Place in chiffon tin and bake in 150 degree preheated oven for 50mins.
- Leave it to cool on wire rack and ready to serve.