We just had our gathering (with my hubby closed friends) and I prepared some sweet desserts for them. Coconut Jelly is one of them. Pretty easy to made, however my arms were really tried as continuous stirring (for about 1hr++) is required to make it. I've added some green coloring in order to make it more presentable as I find pure clear/ white color is too pale and not so attractive.
The thicker layer is the coconut layer. I didn't pour one layer after another to get this effect and coconut milk was added while boiling for jelly. It became 2 layers by itself after cool down which I believe it is due to the weight difference between Coconut layer vs Jelly layer.
Here the recipe,
- 1 packet of Pagoda Jelly stick
- 1.6L of water
- 280g of sugar
- 1.5 tsp of salt
- 400ml coconut mill
- Bring the water to boil in a pot.
- Add in jelly stick, sugar and salt. Let the jelly be dissolved in the water.
- Add in coconut mill and a few drops of green coloring.
- Boil until a very (very) thin layer of jelly start to stick to the wooden spoon.
- Pour it into cup/mould with desire pattern. Leave it to cool and ready to serve.