Banana chiffon cup cakes are perfect snack for your tea time :-). Instead of banana- pineapple cake in my "to bake" list, I used only banana to make these little cakes. It is very delicious and having a perfect chiffon texture, light and soft. So simple to make and yet yummy! I just love it. Here the recipe.
Ingredients (Yield ~15 cup cakes)
- 100g of plain flour
- 5g of baking powder
- 0.5g of salt
- 4nos of Egg yolks
- 40g of sugar
- 68g of water
- 50g of Veggie oil
- 1 large banana (Mesh)
- 4 nos of egg whites
- 90g of sugar
- 1 g of cream of tartar
- Sift group (A). Set it aside.
- Using a hand whisk, blend all the ingredients except meshed banana. Sift group (A) into group (B) mixture. Finally add in meshed banana.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk group (C) until soft peak form.
- Fold in 1/2 of the group (C) into flour- liquid mixture till combine. Gently fold in the balance till combine.
- Place in paper cup and bake in 160 degree preheated oven for 20-25mins.
- Leave it to cool on wire rack and ready to serve.