Finally, I can manage to bake a sponge cake after failing (badly)2 times. :-) . Yayy. Baking a sponge cake is relatively easy , I thought, but realize I was absolutely wrong after failing twice. I was so disappointed with the result. It was due to my poor handling skill especially whipping the eggs and folding in method of the flour. I followed sponge cake method by HHB, however it didn't turn out well. The base of the cake was so hard as a slab of a rubber and I never experience this before. Was it due to over whipping of the eggs or deflation of the batter while folding in flour or both? I simply have no idea.
But I noticed my whipped eggs are different from HHB's and having a lot of air bubbles. The texture was quite different . Then, I looked for sponge cake recipes on YouTube and some video showed they whip egg yolks and egg whites separately. I decided to follow the method and try my luck again. It works!!! This time, the cake looks fine although it is slightly dense. I need to be more gentle next time while folding in flour and should add 1 tsp of baking powder as well.
Ingredients (Cake recipe is adapted from HHB's birthday cake)
- 3 Egg whites , 3 Egg yolks(at room temperature)
- 20gms of melted butter
- 80 gms of sugar
- 100 gms of cake flour (sifted)
- 2 Tbs of milk
- 1tsp of vanilla extract
- In a mixer,whisk egg yolks until smooth and creamy. After 1 minute, add 2 Tbs of sugar and vanilla extract and continue to mix until thick mixture is formed. Transfer the mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- Whisk egg whites until white and frothy. Add remaining sugar and continue to mix until stiff.
- Fold in number (1)into egg white mixture gently.
- Add the cake flour (I separated it into 2 batches to add) followed by melted butter and milk into the batter .Mix well after each addition. Pls take care not to deflate the mixture.
- Pour the batter into 18cm baking pan (round) and bake in 180 degree C preheated oven for 30 mins.
- Remove from oven and leave it to cool.
- Slice the cake and serve.
waiting for your new post. No wonder no new post as you failed twice, so nothing to post huh..:). Alright, finally you get it, that mean I get it too. But I need to go for practical.
Thanks for sharing..
Yeah. Making a sponge cake is not so easy for me. My hadling skills are quite poor. I was so disappointed after failing 2nd time. I think the step for whipping eggs are quite critical. Pls do let me know your result too. :-)
ဆူရွီက အျမဲ၀ယ္စားတယ္။ ပုဇြန္ဟင္းက အျမဲခ်က္စားတယ္။ ဒီထဲမွာ ရုတ္တရက္ေတြ႔ေတာ့ သြားရည္ယိုသြားတယ္။ ၀ါရွာဘီ မ်ားမ်ားထည့္လား အဲဒါနဲ႔ ႀကိဳက္တယ္။
မငယ္ ဒီဟာက ၀ါဆာဘီ မပါဘူး။ သူ႔ အခ်ဥ္ကတစ္မ်ိဳးရယ္ (ဓာတ္ပံုရိုက္ဖို႔ေမ႔သြားတယ္)။ ကၽြန္မစိတ္ထဲေတာ႔ Sushi နဲ႔ kimbap နဲ႔ကအတူတူပါဘဲ။ ဒါေပမယ္႔ Japan နဲ႔ Korea ကေတာ႔ သူ႔ဟာငါ႔ဟာ နဲ႔ ၿငင္းေနၾကတာပဲ။ :D
sponge cakeအရမ္းႀကိုက္တယ္။ လုပ္စားဖို႔.. အျဖစ္မရိွတာသိလုိ႔ မလုပ္ရဲေသးဘူး။ ကိတ္ေလးက စားခ်င္စရာေလးေနာ္။ ဆႏြင္းမကင္းေတာ႔ စမ္းၾကည္႔ခ်င္တယ္။ ေက်ာင္းပိတ္မွပဲ..ဒီဘေလာ႔ဂ္ကုိ ဆရာတင္ရမယ္။
ကၽြန္မလည္းသိပ္အလုပ္တတ္ၾကီးေတာ႔မဟုတ္ဘူး မႏွင္းဆီေရ (၃ခါၿပန္လုပ္ယူရတယ္ :D ) ။ ကၽြန္မအေပၚမွာေရးထားသလုိ နည္းနဲ႔လုပ္ရင္ေတာ႔ၿဖစ္တယ္။ စမ္းၾကည္႔ပါ။ အဆင္ေၿပမယ္လုိ႔ထင္ပါတယ္။
Post a Comment