Which kind of cheese cake do you prefer? baked or cold set? For me, I prefer baked cheese and I just love the rich cheese flavour. The cake in the picture is cold set cheese cake and it was the 3rd cake that we made in BITC (advance cake module). The texture was very light ( but not cheesy enough for me) as whipped cream was also mixed in it. I brought some of them to the office and my colleagues find it very nice.They prefer light texture..Hmmm different people has different taste. You might like it as well.
- Cream Cheese 375g
- Castor Sugar 185g
- Egg Yolks 60g
- Gelatin Powder 17g
- water 60g
- 1/2 Lemon
- Fresh Cream whipped - 320g
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in the mixer for about 20mins or until the texture is very smooth. Add in egg yolk, one a time until it is mixed well.
- Squeeze 1/2 lemon, remove all seed and put some lemon zest in it. Set aside.
- Combine water and gelatin power. Set a side. ( It will harden at room temp and thus need to warm it up before using it again)
- Whipped non dairy whip cream until soft peak form.
- Mix lemon juice well with whipped cream cheese.
- Melt gelatin water mixture on double boiler. Let it cool down for a while and fold it into cheese mixture.
- Finally fold in whipped cream. Make sure to mix it well.
- Prepare 8" cake ring. Seal one side with cling film. Pour the cream cheese mixture in it and level it properly. After filling, bang a few times (in order to release air bubbles) before putting it in the fridge. let it set for at least 2 hours in the fridge before decorating.
Preparation for the base.
- 100g Butter
- Castor sugar 50g
- All purpose flour 150g
- Ground Almond powder- 30g
- Water -2.5g
- Vanilla 2.5g
- Mix all ingredients in the mixer for about 10mins (until well combine)
- Take out the dough and wrap it with cling film and chill it for 15mins.
- Remove from chiller. On lightly flour work surface, roll it out using rolling pin to get 1/8 inch thick and 9cm wide sheet. Cut it into 8" round shape and bake for about 20mins. Leave it to cool.
Decorating of the Cake.
- Place the base on the cake board. Spread some jam (strawberry /cherry) on it. Purpose? To adhere the cheese layer on the base layer. And of course, to enhance the flavour, yummy yummy.
- Place the chilled cheese cake onto the base. Remove the ring.
- Decorate accordingly. Ready to serve.! Enjoy!