These days, I am indulged in making of Swiss roll and I made this banana Swiss roll on last Sunday . My intention was to make a strawberry Swiss roll, however I don't have any strawberry ready in hand ,so I just replaced with banana. Thus, it became "Banana Swiss roll" lol. In fact, this is my 3rd Swiss roll and my second one was match Swiss roll. As I don't really like the texture of the Matcha Swiss roll, I didn't post it on the blog.
- 3 eggs
- 60g caster sugar
- 30 ml of corn oil
- 80g of all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp of cream of tar tar
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 Tbs of milk
- 2 drops of red coloring
- Sift the flour, cream of tar tar and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg for about 2 minutes. Add in sugar, red coloring and beat the mixture till smooth and creamy (ribbon like texture).
- Add the flour mixture (I added them in 2 separations),milk and vanilla extract into number (2). Mix well till it comes to a thick paste.
- Add the corn oil in and mix well gently using spatula.
- Pour the batter into (8"x11") baking pan and bake in 170 degree C preheated oven for 14 mins.
- Leave the sponge layer to cool completely in the baking pan.
- Spread whipped cream and place some banana (diced) on top.
- Roll up gently using parchment paper.
- Ready to serve. Enjoy!