As running out of cookies in my cookies jar, I made these batches of cookies last weekend. And I used the same recipe as green tea almond cookies with little modification. Just a drop of red coloring was added to the half of the dough for decoration purpose. (Sometimes it is quite boring to make same color/shape of cookies though). I find it's really fun to play with food coloring.
- All purpose flour 1 cup
- 1/2 cup of ground almond
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 90 grams of butter (at room temp)
- 1/2 cup of caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp of egg white
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of almond slice (store bought)
- Mix all the dry ingredients, set aside.
- In electric mixer, beat the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract, egg white and beat for another 1 minute.
- Add in dry ingredient mixture and mix well using spatula and form a dough.
- Separate the dough into two portion and add a drop of red food coloring to one portion. Combine them back and shape them into 1.5" diameter ,9" long log.
- Carefully wrap the dough in parchment paper and twist the end. Chill it in the fridge at least one hour or overnight.
- Slice the dough into 10mm thick wafers and bake them in 180C preheated oven for about 12 mins.
- Leave in the baking tray for about 5 mins before transferring onto wire rack.
- Let them cool completely on the wire rack and store in air tight container. Ready to serve, Enjoy!