As running out of cookies in my cookies jar, I made these batches of cookies last weekend. And I used the same recipe as green tea almond cookies with little modification. Just a drop of red coloring was added to the half of the dough for decoration purpose. (Sometimes it is quite boring to make same color/shape of cookies though). I find it's really fun to play with food coloring.
- All purpose flour 1 cup
- 1/2 cup of ground almond
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 90 grams of butter (at room temp)
- 1/2 cup of caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp of egg white
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of almond slice (store bought)
- Mix all the dry ingredients, set aside.
- In electric mixer, beat the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract, egg white and beat for another 1 minute.
- Add in dry ingredient mixture and mix well using spatula and form a dough.
- Separate the dough into two portion and add a drop of red food coloring to one portion. Combine them back and shape them into 1.5" diameter ,9" long log.
- Carefully wrap the dough in parchment paper and twist the end. Chill it in the fridge at least one hour or overnight.
- Slice the dough into 10mm thick wafers and bake them in 180C preheated oven for about 12 mins.
- Leave in the baking tray for about 5 mins before transferring onto wire rack.
- Let them cool completely on the wire rack and store in air tight container. Ready to serve, Enjoy!
Wow, I love the way you present your cookies. You took a very beautiful, sharp and clear picture. I even can see the color different in your cookies.
I like cookies and to be frank, I like all the snack. :)
Thanks for sharing especially your recipe, which people usually don't.
Thanks for your complements Vigor! If you like all the snack, be my guest then. Pls do come and visit again.
Post a Comment